THE CHAPEL AT OTTEHAM COURT TO THE NORTH WEST OF THE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1182639
Date first listed:
13-Oct-1952
Statutory Address:
THE CHAPEL AT OTTEHAM COURT TO THE NORTH WEST OF THE HOUSE, OTHAM COURT LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CHAPEL AT OTTEHAM COURT TO THE NORTH WEST OF THE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1182639.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Nov-2019 at 03:07:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE CHAPEL AT OTTEHAM COURT TO THE NORTH WEST OF THE HOUSE, OTHAM COURT LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
East Sussex
District:
Wealden (District Authority)
Parish:
Polegate
National Grid Reference:
TQ 58754 05712

Details

POLEGATE OTHHAM COURT LANE 1. 5208 The Chapel at Otteham Court to the north-west of the house TQ 50 NE 18/205A 13.10.52

II*

2. Dedicated to St Lawrence. Small building dating from about 1350. Stone rubble and flints, patched with red brick. Slate roof. Three buttresses to south front. North and south walls each have a pointed window with the remains of tracery in the head and a dripstone over. The east wall has a large blocked pointed window. West wall has a blocked pointed doorway. The interior has a single sedilia and a piscina.

Listing NGR: TQ5875405712

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
295527
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Nov 2002
Reference: IOE01/09636/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ryan Gearing. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].