PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTISH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1188560

Date first listed: 20-May-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Dec-1980

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTISH, WEST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTISH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1188560 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 16:30:19.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTISH, WEST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Bexley (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 50763 78725

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WEST STREET 1. 5005 Erith Parish Church of St John the Baptist (formerly listed as Church of St John) TQ 5078 6/1 20.5.53 II* 2. Nave, chancel and west tower, largely C12 with some older work incorporated: later windows. South aisle C13; south chapel C15-16. Flint and stone walls. Nave arcade of 3 short round piers and double-chamfered arches. Heavy restoration in 1877, by Habershon and Pite, architects, included addition of south porch and north chapel and aisle. South chapel east window by Kempe 1905. C15 and C16 brasses. C16 and C17 monuments. In churchyard, monuments and tombs include memorials to John Harris, 1752 and to George William Brown, 1848. Wooden lychgate to south, not of special interest.

Listing NGR: TQ5076378725

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 198724

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing