THE OLD CLERGY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1191431

Date first listed: 13-Oct-1952

Statutory Address: THE OLD CLERGY HOUSE, THE TYE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD CLERGY HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1191431 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 23:41:14.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD CLERGY HOUSE, THE TYE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: East Sussex

District: Wealden (District Authority)

Parish: Alfriston

National Park: SOUTH DOWNS

National Grid Reference: TQ 52131 02951

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ALFRISTON THE TYE L 5208 The Old Clergy House Old Clergy House TQ 5202 39/91 13.lO.52

II*

2. This was the first building and second property acquired by the National Trust. It has a stone tablet on it recording that "The old Vicarage of Alfriston, which had fallen into decay, was bought and repaired by the National Trust, 1898". C14 timber-framed and close-studded building of wealden type with plaster infilling. Each end projects, the first floor of the east projection oversailing on brackets. Curved braces and brackets to eaves of recessed centre. Ripped thatched roof. Casement windows with diamond-shaped panes, one being an oriel. Brick chimney breast on west wall. The interior retains its open hall with crown-post exposed.

Listing NGR: TQ5212902950

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 294939

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing