KELMSCOTT HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1193040

Date first listed: 17-Jun-1954

Statutory Address: KELMSCOTT HOUSE, 26, UPPER MALL W6

Map

Ordnance survey map of KELMSCOTT HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1193040 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Mar-2019 at 05:53:50.

Location

Statutory Address: KELMSCOTT HOUSE, 26, UPPER MALL W6

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Hammersmith and Fulham (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 22600 78325

Details

TQ 2278 UPPER MALL W6

6/89

17.6.54 No 26 (Kelmscott House)

GV II*

Substantial house. Circa 1785. Brown brick. 3 storeys, basement and dormers. 5 windows wide. Central entrance. Timber doorcase with Ionic pilasters, entablature with pulvinated frieze and bracketed cornice. Square headed sashed windows; glazing bars. Parapet. Dormers. Addition to left of 2 storeys. 1 window wide. Interesting interior features. Commemorative tablets to :- 1. Construction of first electric telegraph here by Sir Francis Ronalds, 1816; 2. William Morris who lived here 1878-96; 3. George MacDonald, Poet and Novelist, who lived here 1867-1877.

Listing NGR: TQ2260078325

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 201922

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing