PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANNE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1194022
Date first listed:
10-Jan-1950
Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANNE, KEW GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1194022 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Oct-2019 at 23:34:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANNE, KEW GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Richmond upon Thames (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 18982 77484

Details

1. 5028 KEW GREEN (west side of Kew Road)

Parish Church of St Anne TQ 1877 & 1977 9/23 10.1.50

II* GV

2. 1714, lengthened and north aisle 1770 by J J Kirby. Royal Gallery 1805. Stone Doric west portico 1830 by Sir Jeffry Wyatville. South aisle 1884. Chancel altered 1884. Interior: 4-bay nave with Doric columns to entablature and shallow barrel vault. In north aisle monuments include that to William Jackson Hooker (d 1865) and that to Joseph Dalton Hooker (d 1911), both directors of Royal Botanical Gardens. Monuments include Wedgewood type medallions and panels of Botanical Specimens. The former by Woolner and Palgrave.

Listing NGR: TQ1898277484

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
205501
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08472/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Barry Akid. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].