STANMORE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1194606
Date first listed:
26-Aug-1971
Date of most recent amendment:
25-May-1983
Statutory Address:
STANMORE HALL, WOOD LANE

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1194606.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jun-2021 at 16:52:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
STANMORE HALL, WOOD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Harrow (London Borough)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
TQ 16509 93067

Details

WOOD LANE 1. 5016 Stanmore Stanmore Hall (formerly listed under Stanmore Hill) TQ 19 SE 2/27 26.8.71 TQ 1693 SW 5/27

II*

2. Circa 1843 by John Macduff Derick, altered and extended circa 1890 by B Binyon with important internal work by William Morris and Co. Large stone mansion in picturesque, Tudor gothic style. Two and 3-storeys. Slate roofs. Red brick service wing altered and extended. Interior very badly damaged by fire in 1979. To be partly rebuilt as offices.

Listing NGR: TQ1650993067

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
202207
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Apr 2006
Reference: IOE01/12257/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Douglas Fairbank. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].