THE TRIGGER POND PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1200283
Date first listed:
26-Feb-1988
Statutory Address:
THE TRIGGER POND PUBLIC HOUSE, BICESTER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE TRIGGER POND PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1200283.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jan-2020 at 16:32:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE TRIGGER POND PUBLIC HOUSE, BICESTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Cherwell (District Authority)
Parish:
Bucknell
National Grid Reference:
SP 55955 25371

Details

SPS2NE BUCKNELL BICESTER ROAD (East side) The Trigger Pond Public House - II 4/21

Substantial house, formerly sub-divided, now public house. 1693 on datestone; probably partly early/mid C17. Limestone rubble with wooden lintels; artificial stone-slate roof with rubble and brick stacks. L-plan 2 stareys; Irregular 5-window front has 3-light casements at first floor: to extreme right ovolo-moulded; to extreme left probably C18; the remainder renewed. At ground floor are three renewed 3-light casements plus doorways in bays 2 and 4, one of which is inserted. Roof has gable stacks: brick to left and rubble to right. Rear has scattered small windows, some with heavy early frames,and has a large rubble lateral stack bearing a datestone inscribed "MAY/1693". Short rear wing returning from right end is continued by a single-storey outbuilding range, now converted into a service range. Interior; Chamfered beams; bar has 4 open fireplaces. (VCH; Oxfordshire; Vol VI; pp72)

Listing NGR: SP5595525371

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
244545
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Oxford, (1959), 72

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jul 2003
Reference: IOE01/10766/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Tresise. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].