LEAR AND SHUCKBURGH MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 34 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1200793

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1985

Statutory Address: LEAR AND SHUCKBURGH MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 34 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE, CHURCH HATCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEAR AND SHUCKBURGH MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 34 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1200793 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 14:58:03.

Location

Statutory Address: LEAR AND SHUCKBURGH MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 34 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST LAURENCE, CHURCH HATCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Downton

National Grid Reference: SU 18020 21628

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DOWNTON CHURCH HATCH SU 1821 (north side) 6/62 Lear and Shuckburgh monuments in the churchyard, about 34 metres west of Church of St. Laurence

GV II

Two chest tombs of notable vicars of Downton. Mid C19. Limestone. both of same design, two beaded rectangular panels to main sides, chamfered flat top with inscription. Thomas Lear died 1828, Charles Shuckburgh of The Moot, died 1833 (also see marble tablet to him in the Lady Chapel of the Church, (q.v.) by Osmond of Sarum).

Listing NGR: SU1802021628

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 319621

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing