NO 1 INCLUDING ATTACHED GATEPIER TO CHURCHYARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1200890

Date first listed: 19-Apr-1993

Statutory Address: NO 1 INCLUDING ATTACHED GATEPIER TO CHURCHYARD, 1, CHURCH WALK

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO 1 INCLUDING ATTACHED GATEPIER TO CHURCHYARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1200890 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 21:02:00.

Location

Statutory Address: NO 1 INCLUDING ATTACHED GATEPIER TO CHURCHYARD, 1, CHURCH WALK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Torridge (District Authority)

Parish: Bideford

National Grid Reference: SS 45403 26464

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BIDEFORD

SS4526 CHURCH WALK 842-1/6/70 (North side) No.1 including attached gatepier to churchyard

GV II

House and gatepier. Early/mid C19. Solid rendered walls. Slated roof. Rendered chimney on right gable-end. 2 storeys; 3-window range, the right-hand window in a lean-to projection. Late C20 studded centre door; open triangular pediment on shaped brackets. Windows to left have 2-paned sashes, those to right sashes with margin-panes. Blind window above doorway. Below the eaves is a moulded board. INTERIOR not inspected. Attached to left-hand front corner of the lean-to is a square gate-pier dating from before the churchyard was remodelled in 1865: chamfered plinth, moulded wood cap (probably rebuilt). Included for group value. (Goaman M: Old Bideford and District: 1868-: P.36).

Listing NGR: SS4540326464

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 375785

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Goaman, M, Old Bideford and District, (1968), 36

End of official listing