DRINKING FOUNTAIN 17 METRES NORTH OF NO 66 (BAY HORSE INN) (NOT INCLUDED)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1201008
Date first listed:
01-Sep-1992
Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN 17 METRES NORTH OF NO 66 (BAY HORSE INN) (NOT INCLUDED), NORTH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRINKING FOUNTAIN 17 METRES NORTH OF NO 66 (BAY HORSE INN) (NOT INCLUDED)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201008 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 08:55:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN 17 METRES NORTH OF NO 66 (BAY HORSE INN) (NOT INCLUDED), NORTH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Teignbridge (District Authority)
Parish:
Ashburton
National Park:
DARTMOOR
National Grid Reference:
SX 75439 70071

Details

ASHBURTON

SX7570 NORTH STREET 849-1/8/133 (East side) Drinking fountain 17m N of No 66 (Bay Horse Inn) (not included)

GV II

Drinking fountain, moved here from its original position. About 1901. Granite and iron. 2-stage octagonal base, in the centre of which stands a column surmounted by a large standard. Lower stage rough-faced, containing a drinking trough for dogs. Upper stage, with trough for overflow from former water-outlet on E side, is smooth-faced. On its W side is an incised inscription: In memory of Robert Edward Bovey late of Baddaford Staverton 27th Compy Imp Yeomanry. Killed in action fighting for his king and country at Mordwell S Africa, Sep 30th 1901.

Listing NGR: SX7543970071

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
376112
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04472/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Dennis A. C. Raffell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].