POUND COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1201201

Date first listed: 29-May-1994

Date of most recent amendment: 04-Jul-1994

Statutory Address: POUND COTTAGE, BREDON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of POUND COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201201 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 01:53:27.

Location

Statutory Address: POUND COTTAGE, BREDON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury (District Authority)

Parish: Tewkesbury

National Grid Reference: SO 89533 33256

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SO 8933 TEWKESBURY BREDON ROAD (South East side) 859-1/5/73 Pound Cottage 29/05/94 (Formerly Listed as: BREDON ROAD (South East side) Porthpean)

II

House. C18, with substantial alterations dated 1813. Rendered and scribed, slate roof. An irregular plan set at junction of Oldbury Road and the B4080 Bredon Road. 2 storeys; gable to NW has two 12-pane sashes above two 16-pane. Return, to Oldbury Road is 1+2-windowed, all 16-pane sashes, but blank to first-floor right; at centre, on splay, is an arched 11-pane sash, in the manner of a toll window but actually inserted c1989. All windows are set to stone cills. 2 stacks. C20 door on SW side, and 2 flat-roofed extensions. INTERIOR not inspected. It was a tool house until about 1812, and had become a public house (The Prince of Wales) by 1840. (Information from owners)

Listing NGR: SO8953333256

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 376659

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing