69, CHURCH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1201217
Date first listed:
04-Mar-1952
Statutory Address:
69, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 69, CHURCH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201217 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 00:19:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
69, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Tewkesbury (District Authority)
Parish:
Tewkesbury
National Grid Reference:
SO 89087 32556

Details

TEWKESBURY

SO8932 CHURCH STREET 859-1/6/127 (North side) 04/03/52 No.69

GV II

House in row, with restaurant. Early to mid C18. Flemish bond brickwork, tile roof, brick stacks. Deep-plan: front block with right-angle gable-ended rear wing. 3 storeys, 2-windowed. Original 12-pane sashes in face boxes under cambered arches and to stone cills. At ground floor are 2 wide 24-paned display windows with C18 or early C19 glazing bars, and a recess, formerly the doorway. Entrance now through an opening to right, formerly a throughway under No.70 (qv). 2-course brick bands above first- and second-floor window arches, concrete coping to parapet. Stack and roof not visible from street. A deep shaped fascia is cut above the heads of the ground floor windows, and continues to No.70. INTERIOR not inspected. A photograph in NMR (1959) shows the front before the alterations at the ground floor obscuring the original layout. (Photo in National Monuments Record: 1959-).

Listing NGR: SO8908732563

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
376706
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/04010/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Brookes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].