PENARTH AND SOUTH PENARTH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1201433
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1993
Statutory Address:
PENARTH
Statutory Address:
SOUTH PENARTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of PENARTH
 AND SOUTH PENARTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201433 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 10:16:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
PENARTH
Statutory Address:
SOUTH PENARTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Truro
National Grid Reference:
SW8371944692

Details

TRURO

SW8344NE

880-1/9/2

Penarth and South Penarth

II

Former poor house, now two private houses. 1829-1832. Killas rubble with granite dressings; asbestos slate roof on left, concrete tile on right, stuccoed gables on granite kneelers to front; stuccoed axial and lateral stacks. Fairly large double-depth plan, Tudor Gothic style E-shaped at the front. Classical style at the rear. Two storeys; symmetrical-bay entrance front has projecting gable-ended central and end wings and two-storey entrance porches in the angles with the end wings. Four-centred arched doorways to porches; four-light wooden mullioned windows. Transoms and hoodmoulds to ground floor; three-light mullioned window to each bay of 1st floor. Rear is 4:3:4 bays with shallow segmental brick arches over original sashes with glazing bars. Central bays project and have central low-pitched gable with lunette. Ground floor has various lean-to extensions.

INTERIOR not inspected.

This entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 17 April 2018.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
377317
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
From Moresk Road to Malpas, (1988)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/13634/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Tony Moffatt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].