RAILWAY VIADUCT RAILWAY VIADUCT INCLUDING REDUNDANT PIERS, OVER RIVER KENWYN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1201435
Date first listed:
30-Jul-1993
Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT INCLUDING REDUNDANT PIERS, OVER RIVER KENWYN
Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT, ST GEORGE'S ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAILWAY VIADUCT
RAILWAY VIADUCT INCLUDING REDUNDANT PIERS, OVER RIVER KENWYN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201435 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 12:35:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT INCLUDING REDUNDANT PIERS, OVER RIVER KENWYN
Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT, ST GEORGE'S ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Truro
National Grid Reference:
SW 82016 45025

Details

TRURO

SW84NW TRURO (WEST) 880-1/1/321 Railway viaduct, including redundant piers, over River Kenwyn

GV II

Includes: Railway viaduct ST GEORGE'S ROAD. Railway viaduct, including redundant piers of original viaduct. 1858. Present viaduct 1904. Redundant piers of 1858 designed by Brunel. Dressed granite Brunel piers otherwise of rock-faced granite with brick arches and rendered parapet fascia. 11 spans. 5 surviving Brunel piers. Rectangular-on-plan piers. Round arches carried on tapered piers with corbels for timber centring. Refuges every 3 bays, over the piers. Brunel piers are 60 feet apart and were originally spanned by fan-shaped timber constructions.

Listing NGR: SW8201645025

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
377320
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Nov 2004
Reference: IOE01/12489/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Butterfield. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].