PINNACLE OF SPIRE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1201464

Date first listed: 30-Jul-1993

Statutory Address: PINNACLE OF SPIRE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE, KENWYN CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PINNACLE OF SPIRE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201464 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 01:56:52.

Location

Statutory Address: PINNACLE OF SPIRE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHURCH OF ST KEYNE, KENWYN CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Truro

National Grid Reference: SW8201745880

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TRURO

SW8245 KENWYN CHURCH ROAD 880-1/3/93 (East side) Pinnacle of spire approx. 30m NE of Church of St Keyne

GV II

Pinnacle of church spire from the former church of St Mary. 1769. By Thomas Edwards, re-sited c1880, following the demolition of tower of the Church of St Mary, which preceded the construction of the present Cathedral (qv). Granite ashlar. Octagonal plan. Steep upper stage of tower spire. The addition of the Gothic tower and spire to St Mary's Church, which partly survives as the St Mary's Aisle of the Cathedral (qv), was the last work of Thomas Edwards - a competent Cornish architect who was also responsible for The Mansion House and Prince's House in Prince's Street (qv). (Colvin H: A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840: London: 1978-: 285).

Listing NGR: SW8201745880

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 377404

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Colvin, H M, A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840, (1978), 285

End of official listing