CLOVER ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1201550

Date first listed: 28-Mar-1974

Statutory Address: CLOVER ALMSHOUSES, BIDSTON VILLAGE ROAD, BIDSTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of CLOVER ALMSHOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201550 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 11:00:23.

Location

Statutory Address: CLOVER ALMSHOUSES, BIDSTON VILLAGE ROAD, BIDSTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wirral (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SJ 28272 90279

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 16/07/2014

SJ2890 789-1/6/173

BIRKENHEAD, Bidston BIDSTON VILLAGE ROAD (East side), Clover Almshouses

(Formerly listed as Glover Almshouses, HOYLAKE ROAD) 28/03/74

GV II

Pair of almshouses. Dated 1901. By Woolfall and Eccles. Coursed and squared stonework with stone flagged half hipped roof. Single-storeyed, each a double-pile 2-unit plan with outer doorway in slight recess. Late C20 doors but original moulded architraves. 3-light mullioned window in blind arched recess, then advanced central bay with segmental gable. Paired 3-light mullioned windows divided by pilaster, and with continuous stepped hoodmould over. Short pilaster carries low-relief coat of arms in niche above. End wall and axial stacks with diagonal flues. Inscription in central gable records "Erected to the Memory of George Robert Clover by Emily Clover his widow A.D. 1901". (The Buildings of England: Pevsner N and Hubbard E: Cheshire: Harmondsworth: 1971-).

Listing NGR: SJ2827290279

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 389235

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Hubbard, E, The Buildings of England: Cheshire, (1971)

End of official listing