28 30, DEVONSHIRE ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1201571
Date first listed:
28-Mar-1974
Statutory Address:
28 30, DEVONSHIRE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 28 30, DEVONSHIRE ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201571 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 16:51:52.

Location

Statutory Address:
28 30, DEVONSHIRE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wirral (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 30705 88385

Details

BIRKENHEAD

SJ3088 DEVONSHIRE ROAD, Claughton 789-1/10/191 (North side) 28/03/74 Nos.28 AND 30

GV II

Pair of houses. c1845-50. By Charles Reed. Stucco with Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, each a 2-unit double-depth plan with side entrance. Symmetrical front: outer bays advanced with canted bay to ground floor, and 2-light window above. Lower windows in architraves with stressed quoins. 2-light windows on each floor of inner bay, with cast-iron balcony to first floor windows (left-hand house only). Central round arched blank panel. Round arched doorways in hipped roofed porches each side, 4 panelled doors and stressed architrave. Axial and end wall stacks. The houses form part of the original development at Claughton, laid out by Reed for Sir William Jackson from the early 1840's. (Map of Claughton in 1848).

Listing NGR: SJ3070588385

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
389179
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/12602/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Geoffrey Court. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].