CHURCH OF ST PATRICK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1201677
Date first listed:
08-Mar-1993
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PATRICK, JOHN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PATRICK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201677 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 08:18:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PATRICK, JOHN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Oldham (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 92212 04731

Details

OLDHAM

SD90SW JOHN STREET 780-1/3/44 (East side) Church of St Patrick

GV II

Roman Catholic Church. 1869-70 with remodelling of 1907. By Mitchell of Oldham. Coursed and squared rubble in small blocks, banded Welsh slate roof. Nave with western narthex, clerestory, lean-to aisles and chancel. Early English style. West front with gabled porch with triple lights to apex, and trefoiled windows each side. 3 stepped lancets above. Bellcote carried on corbels at gable apex. 4-bay nave with wide paired lancets in each bay, and projecting confessionals expressed as gables. Lower western bay with paired windows over north door. Apsidal chancel with wide lancet windows. INTERIOR has organ loft over western narthex, and 4-bay arcades. Richly decorated reredos to chancel, and stained glass in east windows. (The Buildings of England: Pevsner, Nikolaus: South Lancashire: Harmondsworth: 1969-).

Listing NGR: SD9221204731

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
388907
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: South Lancashire, (1969)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Feb 2001
Reference: IOE01/02812/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Pamela Jackson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].