FORMER BARN TO SOUTHEAST OF PENN HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1201889
Date first listed:
03-Feb-1977
Date of most recent amendment:
31-Mar-1992
Statutory Address:
FORMER BARN TO SOUTHEAST OF PENN HALL, VICARAGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER BARN TO SOUTHEAST OF PENN HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1201889 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 04:53:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER BARN TO SOUTHEAST OF PENN HALL, VICARAGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Wolverhampton (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SO 89145 95374

Details

WOLVERHAMPTON

SO89NE VICARAGE ROAD, Penn 895-1/4/102 (North side) 03/02/77 Former Barn to SE of Penn Hall (Formerly Listed as: VICARAGE ROAD, Upper Penn Coach house of Penn Hall)

GV II

Former barn, now 3 houses. Late C18 with C20 alterations. Brick; tile roof. Rectangular structure, of 2 storeys with central projecting gabled threshing floor entrance, similar entrance to rear. Cogged frieze and coped gables to projecting entrances. Entrance has elliptical arch with tympanum over paired split doors; 6-window range to right has inserted windows with 16-pane sashes to 1st floor and entrance with glazed door and gabled canopy; 4-bay range to right has 3 windows to ground floor with entrance in 3rd bay of paired glazed doors under gabled canopy. Rear toward Penn Hall has datestone to gable: T BRADNEY ESQR/ 1779; weathercock dated 1734; 2 blind ogee arches to left and one to right; right end has window to each floor and entrance. INTERIOR not inspected. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SO8914595374

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
378622
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Oct 2000
Reference: IOE01/02290/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John M Holt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].