GLENSIDE HOSPITAL, FORMER ISOLATION BLOCK

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1202005

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1990

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: GLENSIDE HOSPITAL, FORMER ISOLATION BLOCK, BLACKBERRY HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLENSIDE HOSPITAL, FORMER ISOLATION BLOCK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202005 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2018 at 11:51:27.

Location

Statutory Address: GLENSIDE HOSPITAL, FORMER ISOLATION BLOCK, BLACKBERRY HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 62726 76345

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST6276 BLACKBERRY HILL, Fishponds 901-1/30/1263 (North side) 25/04/90 Glenside Hospital, former isolation block (Formerly Listed as: BLACKBERRY HILL, Stapleton Former isolation hospital east of Glenside Hospital)

GV II

Hospital, former isolation unit. 1898-1980. By H Crisp and GH Oatley. Pennant rubble with limestone dressings, ridge stacks and Welsh slate roof. Single-depth plan of linked blocks. Single storey; 12-window range. Symmetrical front with rusticated quoin strips, plinth, and keyed segmental-arched windows with ovolo mouldings. Central gabled porch and narrow door, with narrow stained-glass lights to each side. 2-bay verandah on cast-iron stanchions with decorative spandrel link to hemi-octagonal bays, with paired sash windows and top-hung casements, and finials on the roofs. The outer 3 windows are articulated back. Ashlar stacks with wide, coved cornices, to the end gables and ridges. 2 rusticated piers at the rear give onto a tiled courtyard with covered walkway like the front verandahs. INTERIOR: remodelled in C20.

Listing NGR: ST6272676345

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 378968

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing