NUMBERS 7 AND 8 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1202038

Date first listed: 03-Apr-1977

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 7 AND 8 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS, 7 AND 8, CAMBRIDGE PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBERS 7 AND 8 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202038 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 05:15:59.

Location

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 7 AND 8 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS, 7 AND 8, CAMBRIDGE PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 57638 75236

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST5775 CAMBRIDGE PARK, Redland 901-1/31/1696 (South East side) 03/04/77 Nos.7 AND 8 and attached walls and piers (Formerly Listed as: CAMBRIDGE PARK Nos.1-14 (Consecutive))

GV II

Pair of attached houses. 1865. By WH Hawtin. Limestone ashlar, ridge and lateral stacks and concrete tile hipped roof. Double-depth plan. Italianate style. Each of 2 storeys and attic; 2-window range. A symmetrical pair has the middle set forward, with single-storey porches on the returns; banded ground floor to a moulded band, first-floor sill band, frieze and cornice, and full attic storey to overhanging eaves. The right-hand porch has semicircular-arched doorway with key and imposts, plate-glass fanlight and 2-panel door. To the left the ground floor has been extended forward with a tripartite window with eared architrave, console keys and guilloche jambs, and single-storey end porch with large consoles carved with flowers to a broken pediment containing a shell, a left-hand window with scrolled key to architrave, parapet with blind sections of circles and half-circles, and steps up with a good globe lamp to the gableted pier; slender octagonal stack to the side. Canted bays to the middle have semicircular-arched windows with keys and imposts, thin hoods curled up at the ends, and paired brackets to cornice which is arched over the middle; balustrade with circles and half-circles. Ground and first-floor windows have architraves and sill blocks: semicircular-arched outer ground-floor windows, segmental above, tripartite to the middle with ears and a segmental hood to the middle; similar flat-headed attic windows with raised surrounds; 2/2-pane sashes. INTERIOR not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached front garden balustrades and panelled, capped piers. One of a group of 7 matching houses, 3 of which differ in having projecting wings instead of centres. (Gomme A, Jenner M and Little B: Bristol, An Architectural History: Bristol: 1979-: 277).

Listing NGR: ST5763875236

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 379058

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Gomme, A H, Jenner, M, Little, B D G, Bristol, An Architectural History, (1979), 277

End of official listing