NUMBERS 11 AND 12 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1202039

Date first listed: 03-Apr-1977

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 11 AND 12 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS, 11 AND 12, CAMBRIDGE PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBERS 11 AND 12 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202039 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 00:54:44.

Location

Statutory Address: NUMBERS 11 AND 12 AND ATTACHED WALLS AND PIERS, 11 AND 12, CAMBRIDGE PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 57569 75235

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST5775 CAMBRIDGE PARK, Redland 901-1/31/1698 (North West side) 03/04/77 Nos.11 AND 12 and attached walls and piers (Formerly Listed as: CAMBRIDGE PARK Nos.1-14 (Consecutive))

GV II

Pair of attached houses. 1865. By WH Hawtin. Limestone ashlar, ridge stacks and concrete tile hipped roof. Double-depth plan. Italianate style. Each of 2 storeys and attic; 2-window range. A symmetrical pair has the ends set forward, with single-storey porches on the returns; banded ground floor to a moulded band, first-floor sill band, frieze and cornice, and full attic storey to overhanging eaves. The porches have semicircular-arched doorways with keys and imposts, plate-glass fanlights and 2-panel doors. Canted bays to the ends have semicircular-arched windows with keys and imposts, thin hoods curled up at the ends, and paired brackets to cornice which is arched over the middle; balustrade with circles and half-circles. Ground- and first-floor windows have architraves and sill blocks: semicircular-arched inner ground-floor windows, segmental above, tripartite to the outside with ears and a segmental hood over the middle one; similar flat-headed attic windows with raised surrounds; 2/2-pane sashes. INTERIOR not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached front garden balustrades and panelled, capped piers. One of a group of 7 matching houses, 4 of which differ in having projecting middles instead of ends. (Gomme A, Jenner M and Little B: Bristol, An Architectural History: Bristol: 1979-: 277).

Listing NGR: ST5756975235

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 379060

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Gomme, A H, Jenner, M, Little, B D G, Bristol, An Architectural History, (1979), 277

End of official listing