VILLAGE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1202073

Date first listed: 20-Mar-1974

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: VILLAGE HALL, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202073 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 16:37:55.

Location

Statutory Address: VILLAGE HALL, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 56313 78850

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST5678NW CHURCH LANE, Henbury 901-1/17/1337 (East side) 20/03/74 Village Hall (Formerly Listed as: CHURCH LANE Henbury School)

GV II

School, now village hall. 1830. By Thomas Rickman. Squared, coursed Lias with limestone dressings and slate roof. Central hall with cross-wing at each end. Tudor Revival style. 2 storeys; 3-window range. Central Tudor-arched door in label mould with a ribbed door, beneath a panel inscribed FOUNDED 1624/ BY ANTHONY EDMONDS/ REBUILT 1830; paired lancet left-hand windows in a label mould, and similar single-light windows to the right; above the door is a shallow canted oriel with ogee cinquefoil-headed lights and a crenellated parapet, and a gabled dormer with a small chamfered window; octagonal finials to the corners and to the dormer. INTERIOR: entrance hall and flight of stairs to the right, with a hall behind. HISTORICAL NOTE: the Charity School stood on the site from 1601 until the current building replaced it. (Hallen and Henbury Women's Institute: A Guide to Henbury: Bristol: 1970-: 15).

Listing NGR: ST5631378850

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 379157

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
A Guide to Henbury Bristol, (1970), 15

End of official listing