DRINKING FOUNTAIN AND HORSE TROUGH AT JUNCTION WITH SUMMERHILL ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202121
Date first listed:
04-Mar-1977
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN AND HORSE TROUGH AT JUNCTION WITH SUMMERHILL ROAD, CLOUDS HILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRINKING FOUNTAIN AND HORSE TROUGH AT JUNCTION WITH SUMMERHILL ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202121 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-May-2019 at 10:28:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
DRINKING FOUNTAIN AND HORSE TROUGH AT JUNCTION WITH SUMMERHILL ROAD, CLOUDS HILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 62368 73636

Details

BRISTOL

ST67SW CLOUDS HILL ROAD, St George 901-1/56/1836 (South side) 04/03/77 Drinking fountain and horse trough at junction with Summerhill Road (Formerly Listed as: CLOUDS HILL ROAD Drinking Fountain at the intersection of A420 and A431)

II

Drinking fountain and horse trough. Dated 1890. Erected by William Butler. Portland ashlar, polished red granite plaques and grey granite trough, and Pennant flags. Square in plan. Pointed arches to each elevation with a chamfered plinth, cable mould reveals and linked hoodmoulds with floral archivolts. Domed roof and round finial. Plain door to back, bronze lion-head fountains and iron basins on each side with red granite surrounds, and red granite plaque on the front honouring William Butler, who presented the fountain to the people of St George. Horse trough in front protected by 2 bollards. The fountain sits on a low Pennant plinth.

Listing NGR: ST6236873636

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
379286
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].