FORMER TOLL HOUSE TO FRONT OF TOLL HOUSE COURT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202160
Date first listed:
08-Jan-1959
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
FORMER TOLL HOUSE TO FRONT OF TOLL HOUSE COURT, 285, CORONATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER TOLL HOUSE TO FRONT OF TOLL HOUSE COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202160 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 00:29:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER TOLL HOUSE TO FRONT OF TOLL HOUSE COURT, 285, CORONATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 57214 71755

Details

BRISTOL

ST5771 CORONATION ROAD, Bedminster 901-1/44/375 (North side) 08/01/59 No.285 Former toll house to front of Toll House Court (Formerly Listed as: CORONATION ROAD No.285)

II

Formerly known as: Ashton Gate Toll House CORONATION ROAD Ashton Gate. House, former turnpike toll house. c1820. Stucco, with freestone dressings and slate roof. Double-depth plan, square with deep curved central bay. 2 storeys; 3-window range to bay, with blank front walls, and 2-window range on both side walls. Low plinth, plat band and deep overhanging eaves of pyramidal roof and tall central stack with 4 moulded pots. Deep, slated verandah to bay on iron stanchions. Blocked central doorway and first-floor window; 2-light windows with square section drip moulds and ovolo-moulded surrounds and mullions. Leaded lights and single light casements. INTERIOR not inspected. The Toll House closed in 1866 and was incorporated c1980 with Toll House Court (not included).

Listing NGR: ST5721471755

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
379402
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/05291/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Denzil Ellis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].