1, COTHAM ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202172
Date first listed:
01-Nov-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
1, COTHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 1, COTHAM ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202172 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 06:26:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
1, COTHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 58213 73909

Details

BRISTOL

ST5873NW COTHAM ROAD, Cotham 901-1/4/1167 (North side) 01/11/66 No.1 (Formerly Listed as: COTHAM ROAD (North side) University Board Office and No.1)

GV II

Attached house, 1905-6. By Henry Dare Bryan. Limestone ashlar and timber-framing, ashlar cross-axial stacks, and tile cross-gabled roof. Double-depth plan. Arts and Crafts style. 2 storeys; 4-window range. A cross gable extends out to the right of centre, with an elliptical-arched doorway to its left with stop mouldings, a cornice and a deeply-set door. Timber 2- and 3-light mullion and transom windows with leaded casements, that to the right of the gable on the ground floor set under a shallow recessed relieving arch. The timber-framed cross-gable has a wide canted bay beneath a partly jettied gable with carved barge-boards and a pendent. INTERIOR not inspected. Part of the Western Congregational College, to which it is attached, now called Western House (qv).

Listing NGR: ST5821373909

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
379429
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/08525/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Ruth Povey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].