STABLE BLOCK AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF BLAISE CASTLE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202276
Date first listed:
04-Mar-1977
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF BLAISE CASTLE HOUSE, HENBURY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF BLAISE CASTLE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202276 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 23:36:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AND ATTACHED WALLS APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES NORTH OF BLAISE CASTLE HOUSE, HENBURY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 56225 78794

Details

BRISTOL

ST5678NW HENBURY ROAD, Henbury 901-1/17/1378 (South West side) 04/03/77 Stable block and attached walls approx 20m north of Blaise Castle House (Formerly Listed as: HENBURY ROAD (West side) Stable block at Blaise Castle House)

GV II

Stable block. 1801. By William Paty. Render with limestone dressings and a slate hipped roof. Courtyard plan with buildings on 3 sides. N side is 2 storeys; 6-window range. Pedimented centre has lower flanking blocks with parapets and pedimented dormers. Semicircular-arched ground-floor openings form doors to the side blocks with fanlights, and 4/4-pane sashes to the centre, with small doors to the hayloft dormers; in the pediment is a bas-relief panel of a horse. The S side is similar, and the middle range has 4 segmental-headed carriage doors, and rubble screen walls and ashlar piers to the W entrance. INTERIOR not inspected. The bas-relief was brought back from Italy by Joseph Harford Junior in 1832.

Listing NGR: ST5622578794

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
379723
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic interest in England, Part 1 Avon,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00479/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Cyril N. Chapman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].