ANNEX TO CHURCH OF ST JUDE THE APOSTLE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202351
Date first listed:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
ANNEX TO CHURCH OF ST JUDE THE APOSTLE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, LAMB STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ANNEX TO CHURCH OF ST JUDE THE APOSTLE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202351 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 11:06:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
ANNEX TO CHURCH OF ST JUDE THE APOSTLE AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, LAMB STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 59809 73337

Details

BRISTOL

ST5973SE LAMB STREET, Old Market 901-1/12/1628 (South East side) Annex to Church of St Jude the Apostle and attached railings

GV II

School, now offices. c1850. Pennant rubble with limestone dressings, moulded ashlar lateral stack and concrete tile half-hipped roof. L-shaped single-depth plan. Gothic Revival style. 2 storeys; 5-window range. A gabled block has a right-hand wing with splayed corners at the end; parapeted left-hand entrance block has a pointed-arched doorway with columns and bell capitals, a hood with head stops and good strap hinges to the door, below paired lancets; the coped gable has a 3-light ground-floor mullion and transom window with plate glass, below a 2-centred arched window with plate tracery, 3 lights with trefoil heads and a central quatrefoil. The right-hand wing has 3 windows with shouldered lintels on the ground floor and pointed heads on the first floor; the hipped end has a central arched doorway and windows as on the road front. The tall chimney in the rear angle has 4 linked octagonal stacks. INTERIOR not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached railings and piers to right-hand corner. Built as an annex to the Church of St Jude, Bragg's Lane (qv), 1848-9, by SB Gabriel.

Listing NGR: ST5980973337

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
379937
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].