NUMBER 24 AND ATTACHED FRONT AREA WALLS AND PIERS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202377
Date first listed:
13-Dec-1973
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 24 AND ATTACHED FRONT AREA WALLS AND PIERS, 24, MONTAGUE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 24 AND ATTACHED FRONT AREA WALLS AND PIERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202377 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 11:35:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 24 AND ATTACHED FRONT AREA WALLS AND PIERS, 24, MONTAGUE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 58720 73781

Details

BRISTOL

ST5873NE MONTAGUE HILL, Kingsdown 901-1/5/1518 (South West side) 13/12/73 No.24 and attached front area walls and piers (Formerly Listed as: MONTAGUE HILL Nos.23-25 (Consecutive))

GV II

Attached house. Dated 1771. Roughcast with limestone dressings, roof not visible. Double-depth plan. Late Georgian style. 3 storeys and basement; 2-window range. Moulded coping to the parapet; right-hand door has thin brackets to a small pediment, a rectangular overlight and 6-panel door; 6/6-pane sashes in flush frames, smaller on the second floor. The basement projects beneath the front area, with a low, brick segmental-arched doorway. A small plaque inscribed BRIMLEY HOUSE/1771. INTERIOR: flagged through-passage from the hall divided by a semicircular arch, a central dogleg stair becomes an open well from the first floor, with slender column balusters and newels; stair cupboard with HL hinges; panelled shutters and wainscot. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: capped piers and front area wrought-iron railings.

Listing NGR: ST5872073781

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
380005
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Mar 2006
Reference: IOE01/14488/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].