22-32, PARK STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1202418

Date first listed: 04-Mar-1977

Date of most recent amendment: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: 22-32, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 22-32, PARK STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202418 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 15:23:47.

Location

Statutory Address: 22-32, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: ST5828772944

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST5872NW PARK STREET 901-1/15/168 (North East side) 04/03/77 Nos.22-32 (Even) (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (North East side) Nos.22-32, 44, 56, 68, 70, 74-82 and 86-90 (Even))

GV II

Terrace of 6 houses, now shops. 1762, completed c1775. By Thomas Paty. Limestone ashlar, party wall stacks and pantile mansard roof. Double-depth plan. Late Georgian style. Each of 3 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Part of a stepped terrace has C20 shop fronts, pilasters to cornices overlapping from flanking buildings; 6/6-pane and plate-glass horned sashes, and dormers. INTERIOR not inspected. HISTORICAL NOTE: Park Street was built from the bottom of the slope, and was completed up to Great George Street by 1773. Originally with rusticated ground floors, as No.51 (qv). (Ison W: The Georgian Buildings of Bristol: Bath: 1952-: 211).

Listing NGR: ST5828772944

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 380118

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ison, W, The Georgian Buildings of Bristol, (1952), 211

End of official listing