WAREHOUSE, PREMISES OF CLARKS WOOD COMPANY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1202567

Date first listed: 30-Dec-1994

Statutory Address: WAREHOUSE, PREMISES OF CLARKS WOOD COMPANY, SILVERTHORNE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAREHOUSE, PREMISES OF CLARKS WOOD COMPANY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202567 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 13:56:49.

Location

Statutory Address: WAREHOUSE, PREMISES OF CLARKS WOOD COMPANY, SILVERTHORNE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 60531 72590

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRISTOL

ST6072 SILVERTHORNE ROAD, St Philip 901-1/43/1927 (South side) Warehouse, premises of Clarks Wood Company

GV II

Warehouse. c1863. Possibly by TR Lysaght. For J Lysaght. Pennant rubble with limestone dressings, and corrugated asbestos roof. Open plan rectangular sheds. Romanesque Revival style. 3 storeys; 7-bay range. The gabled end has broad pilasters to the sides and centre, framing a windowless ground floor with 2 brick-arched doorways, recessed panels above, under a corbel table each have 3 semicircular-arched windows, weathered cills and linked hoodmoulds, and matching windows above descending in size parallel with the roof. The side elevation is divided by broad pilasters into 7 groups of 3 windows similar to the front. The S elevation has six C20 full-height openings, the W end possibly shortened, and refaced in profiled steel sheet. INTERIOR not inspected. Part of J Lysaght's St Vincent's galvanising works (qv), but earlier the railhead building for William Butler's tar works (1863). (RCHME: Bristol An Architectural Survey of Urban Development Corporation: London: 1991-: 8).

Listing NGR: ST6053172590

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 380529

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Architectural Survey of Urban Development Corporation Areas Bristol, (1991), 8

End of official listing