QUAY WALLS OF MUD DOCK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202622
Date first listed:
04-Mar-1977
Statutory Address:
QUAY WALLS OF MUD DOCK, THE GROVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUAY WALLS OF MUD DOCK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202622 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 17:28:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
QUAY WALLS OF MUD DOCK, THE GROVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 58702 72399

Details

BRISTOL

ST5872 THE GROVE, Floating Harbour 901-1/42/1309 (South side) 04/03/77 Quay walls of Mud Dock

GV II

Quay walls and bollards. C18. Squared Pennant and granite coping. Probably the oldest surviving of the inlet docks of the tidal harbour preceding the Floating Harbour; also known as the Great Dock, site of the Great Crane of 1735. Part of Grove Wharf (qv). One of the 3 City Docks. (Lord J and Southam J: The Floating Harbour: Bristol: 1983-: 20).

Listing NGR: ST5870272399

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
380678
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Lord, J, Southam, J, The Floating Harbour, (1983), 20

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Apr 2006
Reference: IOE01/15451/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Perry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].