31 AND 33, WHITELADIES ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1202695
Date first listed:
30-Dec-1994
Statutory Address:
31 AND 33, WHITELADIES ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 31 AND 33, WHITELADIES ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1202695 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 19:19:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
31 AND 33, WHITELADIES ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Bristol (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 57846 73699

Details

BRISTOL

ST5773NE WHITELADIES ROAD, Clifton 901-1/3/1118 (West side) Nos.31 AND 33

II

Pair of attached houses, now offices. 1888. Limestone ashlar with lateral stacks and concrete tile hipped roof. Double-depth plan. Italianate style. Each of 3 storeys, attic and basement; 3-window range. A symmetrical front has wide, shallow 3-window bays with rusticated quoin strips, a plat band and bracketed overhanging eaves. Each bay has an arcade of keyed windows, with panelled jambs to ground- and first-floor semicircular-arched windows, first-floor stone bracketed balconies with pierced balustrades, and keyed segmental-arched second-floor windows with panelled aprons. 2-storey porches each side, 1-window right-hand porch with first floor set back and blocked doorway, 2-window left-hand porch; doorways have semicircular arches on brackets beneath a cornice; left-hand porch has an attached urn on a pedestal in the outer ground-floor window, arched as the doorways. INTERIOR: a central lateral dogleg stair with cast-iron balusters, cornices and 6-panel doors. Nos 21-33 (qv) are linked into a single office.

Listing NGR: ST5784673699

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
380870
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/05297/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Judy Goodsell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].