THE CROSS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203226
Date first listed:
29-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
THE CROSS, MANOR LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CROSS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203226 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 07:54:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE CROSS, MANOR LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Daventry (District Authority)
Parish:
Newnham
National Grid Reference:
SP 58081 59637

Details

NEWNHAM MANOR LANE SP5859 (South side) 15/147 The Cross GV II House. Dated 1712. Coursed squared ironstone, interlocking tile roof, stone end stack with brick flues. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. 6-panel door with moulded wood surround and segmental metal hood to right of centre. Datestone above inscribed S/GD/1712. A C20 2-light casement in widened and deepened opening to left of door with timber lintel, a C20 3-light casement to far left with timber lintel, a 2-light wood mullion and transom window with stone lintel and keyblock to right and inner blocked squared window with stone lintel to far right. 2-light mullion and transom windows to first floor with stone lintels and keyblocks. Interior has chamfered spine beam and open fireplace with ogee-stop-chamfered bressumer.

Listing NGR: SP5808159637

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
360793
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Apr 2004
Reference: IOE01/12026/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Kevin David Wade. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].