FORMER CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, NOW CHURCH HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203271
Date first listed:
25-Aug-1987
Statutory Address:
FORMER CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, NOW CHURCH HALL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, NOW CHURCH HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203271 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 03:25:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, NOW CHURCH HALL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Northumberland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Rothbury
National Grid Reference:
NU 05457 01704

Details

ROTHBURY HIGH STREET NU 0501 (North side) 25/296 Former Congregational Church, now church hall II

Congregational Church, dated 1842, altered 1906. Front squared stone, returns rubble; tooled-and-margined dressings; Welsh slate roof with pierced orange tile cresting. Gable front with plinth and sill band; central gabled porch with 4-pane sash windows and 5-panel door under segmental arch on right return. Larger flanking windows with raised arched heads, holding later casements; roundel in gable with 'CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH. Erected 1842 Sunday School rebuilt 1906'. Returns each show four 4-pane sashes under segmental arches; pent Sunday School room against rear gable.

Listing NGR: NU0545701704

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
236642
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/11323/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gordon Dixon. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].