OASTHOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF NOS 5 AND 6 LITTLE MILL COTTAGES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203330
Date first listed:
23-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
OASTHOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF NOS 5 AND 6 LITTLE MILL COTTAGES, UNDERLYNN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OASTHOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF NOS 5 AND 6 LITTLE MILL COTTAGES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203330 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 22:24:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
OASTHOUSE ABOUT 40 METRES SOUTH OF NOS 5 AND 6 LITTLE MILL COTTAGES, UNDERLYNN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Maidstone (District Authority)
Parish:
Marden
National Grid Reference:
TQ 74232 45768

Details

TQ 74 NW MARDEN UNDERLYNN LANE (south side)

1/130 Oasthouse about 40 metres south of Nos. 5 and 6 Little Mill Cottages

GV II

Oasthouse. 1895. Red brick in English bond. Front wall of stowage weatherboarded. Plain tile roof. Rectangular stowage built at right- angles to road, with three square kilns to rear (west) wall. Stowage 3 storeys, with hipped roof. Pyramidal roofs with cowls to kilns. Symmetrical facade to stowage of one three-light "window" towards each end, each comprising a central black-painted louvred strip, flanked by two-light paned casements. Boarded loading door to centre of each upper floor. Ground floor open to front on painted iron columns. Gabled hoist-hood to centre. Date 1895 with initials to right gable end. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TQ7423445822

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
174793
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/07715/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael D Rowe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].