FLAXDALE HOUSE, ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, GARDEN WALL AND GATE PIERS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203635
Date first listed:
13-Sep-1967
Statutory Address:
FLAXDALE HOUSE, ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, GARDEN WALL AND GATE PIERS, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of FLAXDALE HOUSE, ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, GARDEN WALL AND GATE PIERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203635.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 13:37:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
FLAXDALE HOUSE, ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, GARDEN WALL AND GATE PIERS, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Parwich
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 18749 54431

Details

SK 18 54 PARISH OF PARWICH THE GREEN 10/73 (North Side) 13.9.1967 Flaxdale House, attached outbuildings, garden wall and gate piers

GV II

House. 1756. Coursed rubble limestone with gritstone dressings. Plain tile roof with stone coped gables with moulded kneelers. Stone gable end stacks. Three storeys. Rusticated quoins. South elevation - central doorway with quoins and flat bracketed hood. C20 half-glazed door. Flanked on each side by 2-light square section flush mullion windows with outer bead moulding around lintel and jambs. Two similar windows above and above again. In the centre, beneath the eaves, a stone panel with incised oval and inscribed SRTR 1756. Single storey outbuildings attached to the east. Rubblestone walls enclosing front garden, with sandstone gate piers.

Listing NGR: SK1874954431

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80345
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Aug 2007
Reference: IOE01/16720/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roy Millett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].