WENDERTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203801
Date first listed:
26-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
WENDERTON FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WENDERTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203801 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 21:57:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
WENDERTON FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Dover (District Authority)
Parish:
Wingham
National Grid Reference:
TR 24388 58661

Details

TR 25 NW WINGHAM WENDERTON

4/357 Wenderton Farmhouse

II

House. Mid C17 and 1835. Red brick in English and Header bond, refronted with yellow stock brick, with plain tiled roof. Two storeys and attic on plinth with 3 flat roofed dormers and stacks to left and projecting and offset times with moulded string courses at end right. Regular fenestration of 3 glazing bar sashes on first floor and 2 on ground floor all with glazed heads. Central boarded door in gabled porch, with half- glazed inner door. Hipped recessed 2 storey wing at end left. Bricks dated on re-fronted section and side walls 1835, the house originally dating to divisions of Wenderton Manor c,1642. (See Hasted, IX, 231).

Listing NGR: TR2446258626

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
178389
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hasted, E, History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent, (1800), 231

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06465/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Bruce Ferguson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].