THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203867
Date first listed:
11-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE, DAVENTRY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203867 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 02:06:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE, DAVENTRY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Daventry (District Authority)
Parish:
Welton
National Grid Reference:
SP 58083 65637

Details

WELTON DAVENTRY ROAD SP56NE (West side) 5/295 The Manor House

- II

House. Mid C17 with late C18 and C19 alterations. Datestone above door is inscribed "1650/EA 1667". Ironstone rubble, squared and coursed with slate roof. 2 brick ridge stacks, one with stone base, and brick left end stack. 5-unit plan and L-shaped. 2 storeys. Ground floor has two C19 iron casements and one late C18 sash of 16 panes. To right a further C19 casement of 2 lights. 4 windows on first storey are C19 iron casements of 12 panes. C19 wood-panelled door is surmounted by wood lintel. Door and corners have quoins, and coped gables have kneelers. To left: C18 extension with garage is ironstone with brick jambs and patching and C20 plain-tile roof. 2 storeys, the lower with C20 windows beneath wood lintels, the upper with C19 casement windows. Large doors to left are C20 beneath wood lintel, small door to right is C20. Extension to right is mid C19, brick with slate roof and brick stack to right end. Iron casements and C19 plank door with iron fittings. Brick lintels and dentilied eaves. C19 stables and coach house extend to right. Interior: stone flagged floors, chamfered beams, some with stops. 4-centred arch stone fireplace, further open fireplace.

Listing NGR: SP5808365637

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
361183
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/04926/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr John Airlie Hunter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].