LAMP POST APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE WEST OF OUTER LYCH GATE OF CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1203914

Date first listed: 26-May-1987

Statutory Address: LAMP POST APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE WEST OF OUTER LYCH GATE OF CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of LAMP POST APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE WEST OF OUTER LYCH GATE OF CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203914 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 00:23:00.

Location

Statutory Address: LAMP POST APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE WEST OF OUTER LYCH GATE OF CHURCHYARD OF THE CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: East Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Rockbeare

National Grid Reference: SY 02046 95222

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 09 NW ROCKBEARE ROCKBEARE

1/136 Lamp post approximately 1 metre - west of outer lych gate of churchyard of the Church of St Mary GV II

Lamp post. Dated 1908. Cast iron with brass plaque. Ornate and unusual lamp post. The stem is circular in section and twisted above bands of incised shapes separated by rings of knobbed decoration. At the top of the stem is an acanthus leaf motif between ornate arms of scrolled foliage turning to extending splayed wings. Above the arms formalised leaf forms support an electric box and above that is a bulbous glass lamp holder. Around the bottom a brass plaque is inscribed with Victorian Gothic lettering and records the gift of the lamp post in memory of Robert and Emma Gibbings by their children in 1908.

Listing NGR: SY0204695222

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 352459

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing