THE VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203916
Date first listed:
22-Aug-1985
Statutory Address:
THE VICARAGE, 39, CHURCH HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203916 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 08:14:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE VICARAGE, 39, CHURCH HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
South Derbyshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Etwall
National Grid Reference:
SK 26969 32047

Details

SK 26/2732 PARISH OF ETWALL CHURCH HILL 6/15 (East Side) The Vicarage, No. 39 II

Vicarage. Mid C18, extended and altered in 1842, also extended in late C19. Red brick with brick and stone dressings. Plain tile roofs, with brick coped gables, brick gable stacks, that to north external, and timber bracketed eaves cornice to mid C18 part, and brick ridge stacks to rear addition. Mid C18 part also has a plain first floor band. Two storeys and two bays with large three bay addition to rear. West front has the original house to centre with two, almost full height, glazing bar sashes under wedge lintels with incised voussoirs and double keystones. Between these is an area of disturbed brickwork where the original doorcase must have been. Above are two similar windows to those below. Attached to north side of the original house is a segmental, two storey brick bay with no openings and attached to the south is a single storey addition with a moulded early C19 doorcase to south side and small casement under segment head to west side. Rear wing has three glazing bar sashes under segment heads to south side and three similar above. Interior refashioned in 1842 with stick baluster staircase and marble fire surrounds.

Listing NGR: SK2696932047

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
82602
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].