THE OLD SMITHY, LITTLE CUBLEY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1203920
Date first listed:
19-Jul-1985
Statutory Address:
THE OLD SMITHY, LITTLE CUBLEY, ASHBOURNE ROAD (A515)

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD SMITHY, LITTLE CUBLEY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203920 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 03:39:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD SMITHY, LITTLE CUBLEY, ASHBOURNE ROAD (A515)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Cubley
National Grid Reference:
SK 16102 37713

Details

SK 13 NE PARISH OF CUBLEY ASHBOURNE ROAD (A515) 5/13 (West Side) The Old Smithy, Little Cubley GV II

House and smithy; now house and workshop. 1817 with later additions and alterations. Red brick with brick dressings and hipped plain tile roof with central brick ridge stack, and sawtooth eaves band. Two storeys with single storey workshop. Two bay workshop and single bay house. Eastern, road elevation has C20 4-light casement window with tiles to top and-to north a recessed lean-to with semi-circular headed doorcase and C20 glazed door. To south the workshop with two 3-light windows under segment heads, and to south gable wall large double plank doors under rough timber lintel. Above the 4-light window, a simple datestone inscribed '1817' and above again a 3-light glazing bar casement window under a segment head.

Listing NGR: SK1610237713

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
81243
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Mar 2007
Reference: IOE01/15963/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Lewis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].