DOVE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1203937

Date first listed: 25-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 11-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: DOVE HOUSE, BISHOPSTONE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DOVE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203937 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 20:13:53.

Location

Statutory Address: DOVE HOUSE, BISHOPSTONE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)

Parish: Stone with Bishopstone and Hartwell

National Grid Reference: SP 80632 10051

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP 81 SW STONE BISHOPSTONE south west side

4/157 Dove House (formerly listed as Doves Close) 25.10.51 II

House, C16/C17, possibly incorporating earlier stonework, timber framed with C17 and C18 brick infill and refacing to north elevation. Old tile roofs, old chimney in centre of north wing, large projecting stack with stone base to gable on west elevation. Dormer windows all added 1970's. 2-storeys and attic, brick bands to north east gable. North elevation has 3 bays of 3-light leaded casements, mostly of 1970's date the central ground floor one replacing door to original entrance lobby in front of stack. East elevation has timber framed gable to LH with 3-light attic window, renewed oriel window to 1st floor with original bracket beneath carved with initials and date 1601. Flanking 2-light windows with higher cills. Similar window, all renewed, to RH bay. Half glazed door to ground floor, 3-light leaded casement each side. North east gable projects to RH and has 2-light attic casement, 3-light casement to 1st and ground floor, all with segmental arched heads. South gable is timber framed above ground floor and has 2-light attic casement, 3-light 1st and ground floor casements. West elevation has rubble stone ground floor, timber frame and brick above, tiled over projection in angle of chimney stack and south bay. West gable of north wing is timber framed. Single storey wing at north west, added in 1970's, brick with old tiled roof. Interior Exposed framing, chamfered ceiling beam and 2 inglenooks. RCHM I p.293. MON.5.

Listing NGR: SP8063210051

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 42727

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

End of official listing