BULL INN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1204047

Date first listed: 21-Aug-1989

Statutory Address: BULL INN, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of BULL INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204047 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:27:50.

Location

Statutory Address: BULL INN, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Tunbridge Wells (District Authority)

Parish: Benenden

National Grid Reference: TQ 80984 32844

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BENENDEN TQ8032 THE GREEN 1350-0/7/116 Bull Inn 21/08/89 II Inn. Built c.1608, altered and extended in early C19 and again by George Devey c.1880. Core timber-framed, refaced in red brick on ground floor and tile hung on first floor with pebbledashed gable. Right side elevation tile hung. Tiled roof. 2 storeys, 3 windows to front, 2 windows to side. Front elevation has 1 hipped dormer and right side gable with wooden bargeboard supported on wooden brackets containing casement window with leaded light. 3 casement windows to ground floor. Ground floor has built out projection with tiled roof and late C19 'chinoiserie' type glazing and entrance to front. Right side elevation has 5 sided extension to corner with 1st floor triple casement and ground floor 11 light 'chinoiserie' type glazing. Right side hipped dormer. 1st floor has 3 light C19 oriel and 5 light 'chinoiserie' glazed oriel of late C19. Rear has 2 storey early C19 wing of diaper brick work with hipped tiled roof with 1:2 windows, probably orignally a detached outbuilding. Interior of bar has chamfered spine beam and joists with lambs' tongue stops. Large inglenook fireplace with 2 gabled salt niches and integral seats. RIBA drawings for Devey additions.

Listing NGR: TQ8098432844

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 170222

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing