BRIDGE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204173
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1983
Statutory Address:
BRIDGE HOUSE, CAMBRIDGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BRIDGE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204173 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 09:43:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
BRIDGE HOUSE, CAMBRIDGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
East Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Thundridge
National Grid Reference:
TL 35887 17499

Details

TL 3517 THUNDRIDGE CAMBRIDGE ROAD (west side) Wadesmill

9/9 Bridge House

GV II

House, now part of the accommodation of The Anchor PH adjoining to N. Circa 1825. Brickwork painted ochre to match PH. Slate roof hipped at S. A wide fronted shallow depth house of 2- storeys and cellar, built at the level of the raised abutment of Wadesmill Bridge of 1825, facing E. Central stair plan with internal gable chimney at N but S part heated by external lateral chimney at rear now capped off at eaves level. Symmetrical 3- windows front with recessed boxed sash windows with 2/2 panes, moulded frame and flat gauged arches. 6-panel moulded door central up 2 steps. Wooden moulded surround with flat hood on shaped brackets with panelled overdoor. A conspicuous building in a group with the bridge and Anchor PH.

Listing NGR: TL3588717499

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
356002
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09788/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ahmad Z. Karim. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].