J AND H LACEY WAREHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204201
Date first listed:
02-May-1986
Statutory Address:
J AND H LACEY WAREHOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of J AND H LACEY WAREHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204201 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 04:46:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
J AND H LACEY WAREHOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Erewash (District Authority)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SK4929733525

Details

IN THE ENTRY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

SK 43 SE 4/26

PARISH OF LONG EATON HIGH STREET ( West side ) J and H Lacey Warehouse

II

THE FINAL SENTENCE OF THE DESCRIPTION SHALL BE OMITTED.

------------------------------------

SK 43 SE 4/26

PARISH OF LONG EATON HIGH STREET (West Side) J and H Lacey Warehouse

II

Lace factory, now shop warehouse. 1857 with later additions. Red brick with C20 concrete tile roof and moulded brick band. Three storeys and five bays. Ground floor has six segment headed windows with rounded jambs and heads, also iron window with small opening casements, to east and west elevations. Those to east elevation are partly obscured by later lean-tos. Above, six similar windows and above again a further six similar windows. To north of east elevation is an advanced staircase bay with small segment headed windows. South gable wall has stone plaque to top of gable inscribed '1857'. Interior has plain iron columns to centre of each floor. Seven bay later C19 addition and C20 shop to north of no interest.

Listing NGR: SK4929733525

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
82210
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01993/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Holt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].