ARMESTRIDING FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204225
Date first listed:
17-Apr-1967
Statutory Address:
ARMESTRIDING FARMHOUSE, DAWBERS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ARMESTRIDING FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204225 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 04:31:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
ARMESTRIDING FARMHOUSE, DAWBERS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Chorley (District Authority)
Parish:
Euxton
National Grid Reference:
SD 54264 17994

Details

SD 51 NE EUXTON off DAWBER'S LANE



4/105 Armetriding Farmhouse 17.4.1967 - II

Farmhouse, dated 1570, with later wing. Coursed sandstone rubble and limewashed scored render; stone slate roof with one chimney on the ridge and another at the rear gable (both brick). T-shaped plan, both elements of 2-bays. Two storeys, front and back doors now in rear wing close to junction; this wing is unrendered sandstone and all openings are C18 or C19. The element of principal interest is the present crosswing which has in the front and rear gables one stone mullioned window on each floor, all of 5-lights with deeply splayed reveals, ovolo-moulded mullions, and hoodmoulds; left return wall has a single- storey lean-to (with a 2-light stone mullioned window at the front), covering a central door, a 3-light stone mullioned window above it; to the left is a 2-light mullioned window and at 1st floor a 3-light window with unusual triple-moulded jambs, head and mullions, and a hoodmould; beneath this window is a datestone lettered in relief: 1570 . HA AoDMI

Interior: wing has some beams with stopped rounded-moulding, and at 1st floor one altered arch-braced roof truss with a doorway inserted in the centre.

Listing NGR: SD5426417994

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357622
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].