GROUP OF 4 HARDAKER AND BOOTH MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF EAST WALL OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204262
Date first listed:
07-Apr-1988
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 HARDAKER AND BOOTH MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF EAST WALL OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, TOWN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 4 HARDAKER AND BOOTH MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF EAST WALL OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204262 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 03:17:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 HARDAKER AND BOOTH MONUMENTS APPROXIMATELY 1 METRE EAST OF EAST WALL OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST PETER, TOWN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 22087 39276

Details

AIREBOROUGH TOWN STREET SE 23 NW LS 19 (north side) Rawdon 10B/22 Group of 4 Hardaker - and Booth monuments approx. 1 metre east of east wall of chancel of Church of St. Peter GV II

Group of 4 monuments. Early and mid C18. Sandstone. In row from north to south as follows:-

(i) Slab: Roger Hardaker (d.1725) and wife (d.1728); hollowed arched surround, with winged angel heads in spandrels.

(ii) Tomb chest: James, son of John and Sarah Booth (d.1766); fielded panel sides, moulded arched surround with keystone.

(iii) Slab: John Booth Ed. 1704(?) - 3rd digit worn]; border of punched triangles, raised and decorated date in sunk panel.

(iv) Tomb chest: James Booth (d.1742); moulded surround to lid, with fans in corners.

Listing NGR: SE2208739276

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
342283
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09873/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Steven Hughes. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].