SECTION OF HARRINGTON BRIDGE AT SK 472 312

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204305
Date first listed:
02-May-1986
Statutory Address:
SECTION OF HARRINGTON BRIDGE AT SK 472 312, TAMWORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SECTION OF HARRINGTON BRIDGE AT SK 472 312
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204305 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 10:54:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
SECTION OF HARRINGTON BRIDGE AT SK 472 312, TAMWORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Erewash (District Authority)
Parish:
Sawley
National Grid Reference:
SK 47140 31158

Details

PARISH OF LONG EATON TAMWORTH ROAD SK 43 SE 4/44 SAWLEY Section of Harrington Bridge at SK 472 312 GV II

Part of road bridge. 1790, with minor later repairs. Ashlar. Three wide segmental arches with rusticated voussoirs and triangular sectioned cutwaters between to either side. Above, a plain band with plain parapets over. This is one part of the C18 bridge with survived the floods of 1904.

Listing NGR: SK4714031158

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
82229
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01993/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Holt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].