MONUMENT TO THOMAS NEVE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF WEST TOWER AT ST GEORGE'S CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204362
Date first listed:
05-Jul-1993
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THOMAS NEVE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF WEST TOWER AT ST GEORGE'S CHURCH, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO THOMAS NEVE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF WEST TOWER AT ST GEORGE'S CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204362.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 10:53:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THOMAS NEVE APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF WEST TOWER AT ST GEORGE'S CHURCH, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Tunbridge Wells (District Authority)
Parish:
Benenden
National Grid Reference:
TQ 80814 32685

Details

BENENDEN TQ8032 THE GREEN 1350-0/7/122 Monument to Thomas Neve approx 15m North of West Tower at St George's Church II Chest tomb. c.1807. Rectangular stone chest with projecting end pilasters, partially fluted and partially reeded. Carved inscribed panels to sides and ends. This is surrounded by a railed enclosure on sandstone plinth. Cast iron railings of c.1870. 6 square principals with Gothic mouldings and crocketed finials and spear railings with foliated finials.

Listing NGR: TQ8081432685

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
170230
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10796/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Henry Teed. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].